When you’re starting in business it’s important that you get the essentials right. The business start-up course provides information and guidance to help deal with three key issues that are going to be fundamental to the performance and success of your business. They are delivered by an experienced advisor and will give you the opportunity to answer any questions or problems you may have.
Our business start-up course is free for anyone starting a business based in North Somerset.
Topics covered on the Business Start-Up Course are;
- What is and why complete a business plan
- Contents of the business plan
- Reasons for failure
- Legal status and business names
- Income tax and National Insurance
- Health & Safety
- Contracts, terms and conditions
- Intellectual property rights
- Employment Law
- Calculating start-up costs and ongoing costs
- Break even calculations, viability
- Financial Records and book-keeping
- Profit & loss, cash flow forecasts and Balance Sheets statements
- Raising money and funding
- Financial planning
- Writing and presenting your business plan
- Marketing principles
- Marketing Research
- Assessing the competition
- Profiling your customers
- Customer care
- Pricing your profits
- Promotion, image, advertising, websites etc.
- Selling skills
- Marketing plan
The business start-up course is concluded by a summary of all the three days content that will enable you to produce a comprehensive plan for your business.
To see if there is a course running at a convenient date for you check our interactive events calendar. For further details or to book a place please contact Hazel Wintle on 01934 418 118 or email@example.com